My rescued and adopted gorgeous Great Dane gal, Layla and me loved this pic. Oh, here is my Layla…truly a rocker chic! I named her after Eric Clapton’s ‘Layla”.
On with the blog post! ‘In life its not where you go…but who you travel with, that matters”. That’s one maxim the accidental sufi, totally relates to and lives it as well. Make it yours too,guys 🙂
Interestingly,‘Sputnik’ means traveling companion in Russian 🙂
In all seriousness, the accidental sufi advises, based on personal experience, choose your travel companion carefully. Your life companion creates your circle of influence. Invest in the one that will help you drive forward. If you are lucky enough to find a companion worth getting attached to, attach yourself with nothing less than all of your heart.
And how would you choose your companion ? Look for the one:
1. The one who lights you up.
2.The one you fall hopelessly in love with.
3.The one you take into your arms and into your bed.Most importantly, the one you take into the private world trapped inside your head.
4. The one who will memorize the things you say …as well as the shape of your lips when you say them.
5. The one who knows every curve, every freckle, every mole, every shiver of your body.
6.The one who knows how, when and where to touch you.
7. The one who laughs with you and at you gloriously.
8. The one who will shine you up when you’re dusty, encourage you when you’re down, defend you even when she/he’s not so sure you were right, and hang on your every word, even when you’re not saying anything worth listening to.
9. The one who loves you not for who you are…but for who he/she is , when by your side.
10. Maybe the one won’t love you as you wish.But that doesn’t mean that you’re not loved with all his/her being.
( Thank you Tarafeh Mafi & Steve Harvey )
And Gabriel Garcia Marquez warns:
1. Don’t spend time with someone,who doesn’t care spending it with you.
2. Maybe God wants you to meet many wrong people,before you meet the right one,so when it happens be thankful.
3.There will always be people who’ll hurt you,so you need to continue trusting, just be careful.
4. Become a better person and be sure to know who you are,before meeting someone new and hoping that person knows who you are.
5. Don’t struggle so much,best things happen when not expected.
(Damn…a cynical friend just sent me this pic 😀 )
But the accidental sufi is truly optimistic. She met her Shams in such idyllic conditions as in the pic below 😀
A song for all you guys. Naturally, it is gonna be this: http://youtu.be/0WUdlaLWSVM 😀